In 2018, Mercury ushered in a new era of unmatched real estate service on Bainbridge Island with the opening of his own brokerage, Charter Real Estate. As one of Bainbridge Island’s most decorated and top producing brokers, Mercury exhibits an unrivaled depth of housing, building, and market knowledge that helps buyers and sellers navigate planning, contracts, and negotiations with confidence. With thorough research, win/win negotiating, and professional communication, Mercury views each step in the process as an opportunity to showcase his passion for customer service.
As a husband and father of three young kids, Mercury is deeply involved with Island events and organizations (be sure to check out his legendary cider pressing operation at every Harvest Fair). With over a decade of experience as a commercial fisherman and four years as a Charter Vessel Captain, Mercury’s work-ethic, attention to detail, and hands on approach shines through all facets of his professional life.
- “Mercury Michael and his Charter Real Estate team proved to us this summer why it is so important for anyone selling or buying a home to have a professional working for them. Whether it was informing our expectations about the current market, preparing our home for the market, or disclosures,Mercury provided timely information and thoughtful advice. We felt very comfortable letting him and his team take charge of the sales process from marketing to closing and especially valued Mercury’s skills in representing our interests while respecting the other parties in contract and pre-closing negotiations.”
- “We have known Mercury for over 10 years and enjoyed watching him grow in his profession. When It was time for us to sell our home, we knew that he was the one that would best represent our home, us, and our interests. Mercury brings an abundant energy and active crew into his projects. We werecomfortable being able to step back and turn over the listing to him and his new agency “Charter Real Estate”. After setting up the proper staging, we had several offers within days. When the first offer fell through, Mercury was immediately there with a signed 2nd backup offer that we took to completion. Throughout this whole process, we had Mercury’s enthusiastic positive guidance.”
- “Mercury has developed a very effective system for selling homes on Bainbridge Island. He has a Team of experts that are mobilized to make your home look its best and maximize exposure to serious home buyers. It was a pleasure working with Mercury and his team in the sell of our home. Everythingwas well thought out and we had no surprises. We knew what to expect and when. He and his team worked hard and fast to ensure everything went smoothly. Knowing that Mercury and his team of professionals were hard at work gave me confidence that our home would sell for a good price and relieved a lot of stress.”
- “Words cannot fully describe my immense appreciation and respect for Mercury Michael and his team for the services provided during the sale of my home. His commitment of time and energy, and attention to detail, resulted in an outcome that far exceeded my expectations. Mercury and his teamlistened and fully assessed every detail, the most relevant of which were captured by placards placed throughout the home and property. The staging made my home feel like someone actually lived in it, and I believe helped the prospect buyers to envision living there. He went even further by having his team implement an art installation that significantly enhanced the unique living room fireplace (the buyers insisted on the installation being included in the purchase). The combination of high-quality still images, Matterport 3D virtual tour, and drone aerial images provided the prospect buyers with a clear vision of the home and property before they visited it. I believe that Mercury’s efforts were a major factor in my home selling within six days and significantly above asking price. He was professional, supportive, and clearly communicated with all parties throughout the process — until the very end. I cannot recommend Mercury enough and will surely use him and his team again in the future.”
- “Mercury is a great guy to have on your side. He is super detail oriented and amazingly patient. He pays attention to all of the stuff that is easily overlooked in a transaction. He's also just a fun guy with a humble, easy-going outlook. I'd hire him again in a heartbeat and will recommend himhighly to my friends and family.”
- “We have bought and sold several houses through the years but Mercury has set a new bar. His knowledge of the area, his experience in understanding the process that buyers AND sellers go through, combined with his honesty, integrity and superb follow through make working with Mercury apleasure! Can not sing his praises loudly enough. We highly recommend him and happily recommend him to anyone who will listen!”
- “Incredibly wonderful experience overall. We were confident Mercury worked in our best interest at all times, was responsible, knowledgeable, forthright and basically a good guy. The welcome basket he gave us after we closed was amazing and all the more special since we moved to Bainbridge Islandfrom across the country. Mercury continues to be a valuable resource in sharing his vast network of tradesmen, services, specialists etc. as we settle in. We would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who is either buying or selling a home!”
- “Mercury was by far one of the best realtors I have worked with in the past 40 years. I have bought and sold over 15 homes, some with and some without realtors. Mercury was extremely focused and his team was put togeher with the best people doing followup. There was never anything missed allcommunications were followed up on and his use of multiple forms of marketing the property worked extremely well. This was an estate sale and it went smoothly and quickly which we all appreciated. I would recommend Mercury very highly for any real estate transaction.”
- “Our experience with Mercury was unbelievable. Having sold many homes over the years, he far exceeded all of our past experiences. Up front, he came well- prepared to discuss his marketing strategies, timeline and realistic market values. He was personally involved in making our property ready forlisting both inside and out and was always accessible. No question was too small right up to the closing. His team was awesome and personable helping with staging inside and out. Most of all we felt we had a great partner with Mercury and came away with a new friend. We couldn't have been happier with the process or the outcome.”
- “Stemming from our recent purchase of a new home on Bainbridge Island, this is one of the easiest reviews we've ever written. Of all the professionals we've interfaced with (in virtually every context), Mercury Michael stands apart as an extraordinarily hard working and gifted person completelycommitted to his clients. His attention to detail is exemplary, and he stands apart through his combined knowledge of both real estate and of home construction itself (let's put it this way: he's comfortable conversing with inspectors). Furthermore, Mercury understands how stressful it can be to move to a new area, and he readily connected us with "proven" subcontractors. In short, we can't recommend Mercury more highly, and we will absolutely use his services in the future should we purchase a different property.”